Sunday, February 18, 2007

Dora Cake





I had a ton of fun with this cake! The mother wanted something that incorporated Dora for her daughter's second birthday. We agreed on a design similar to this one. This was a white cake with strawberries and sweet cream in the middle and white chocolate buttercream. I had a few scraps left over from leveling the cake and I have to say, this was one of the best cakes I've made.

I used a plastic Dora - mostly because I knew this cake was for a 2 year old and if someone was eating Dora...well, that might not have gone over well. Plus, I thought it would be cute for her to have after the cake was gone. Everything else on the cake is edible. I use prezel twists for the tree trunks and bubble gum to make the roses and the stars name plates. The pathway and the rocks are Bunch-a-Crunch.

I really had a good time decorating this cake. Kid cakes are the most fun!

No comments: