Saturday, February 17, 2007

Baby Shower Cake #1



This was one of two cakes made for a baby shower. It's made to look like a quilt - the colors were taken from a picture of the baby's room. It's a simple vanilla cake with vanilla bc. The clothesline was made from scrapbooking pieces found at Michael's. I like the look of this cake but I should have chosen a bigger star tip to make the design. My hand HURT when I was finished. Not to mention I had a tiny set back following the completion of this cake. I had just set the cake over on the dining table after the last star was placed. I started washing all of my dishes, which took me about 15 minutes. I turned the water off and heard a very loud, "MMMMMMMMMMMMMM" coming from the dining room. I looked up and saw that my 14 month old daughter had taken it upon herself to drag her tiny piano chair over to the dining table and have herself a taste-testing.

I cried. Seriously, tears.

Luckily the damage wasn't too bad and I had enough icing to repair everything. This picture was taken after the "taste-testing" and you can't really notice, no harm done I guess! Just nearly made mommy have a breakdown but what else is new?

No comments: