Friday, August 24, 2007

Chocolatey Peanut-butter cake




This cake was made for our good friend (and Rodney's co-worker) Amy, for her 28th birthday up at Tango.

I asked her what kind of cake she wanted and she mentioned something with chocolate and peanut butter. I did a little research and then came up with a creation of my own!

This is a triple chocolate cake with a cup of melted down, smooth peanut butter mixed in the batter. I also mixed in 2 cups of Reeses peanut butter chips and 1/4 of a cup of milk to keep the batter from being too stiff.

They smelled SOOOOO good while they were cooking!

I wanted something a little more rich than my usual chocolate frosting for this cake, so while I was at the supply shop this week, I picked up a pound of chocolate fudge base. Think chocolate shortening.

Such a good idea! The chocolate had a very rich and sweeter taste, which is exactly what I was going for.

I wasn't too happy with the look of this cake. I could have done so much more for Amy had she chosen a cake with a vanilla buttercream but chocolate is much harder. I decided to try and make the cake look like as decadent as possible - hence the chocolate drizzle on the sides of the cake and on the top. I also added a few extra Reese's chips.

Not the most beautiful cake in the world but certainly one of the best tasting! YUM!

1 comment:

L said...

My goodness! This cake looks really delicious.