Sunday, October 25, 2009

Forty Cake, Dinoco Cake, Wow Wow Wubbzy Cake and our baby shower cake!

The first cake this week was made for the celebration of a very big birthday! It's a chocolate cake with all fondant pieces!



This cake was made for one of Rylee's little classmates (and friend), Dylan. Dylan loves all things Dinoco and wanted a Dinoco themed cake! Vanilla cake with fondant!



The Wubbzy cake was made for a little girl who loves the show! I love the colors on this cake! It's a chocolate cake with black raspberry filling. The Wubbzy is fondant and the cake is iced in buttercream with fondant accents. The remaining characters are foam plaques!



The last cake is the cake we made for our family baby shower this weekend! My good friend Jessica was gracious enough to throw the shower for us (this is the second one she's hosted - I promise Jess, no more babies!) and I couldn't have loved the theme more! I'm including a picture of the cake and the table, it was all so beautiful!





(PS - I totally mimicked the design of a cake from the talented Melody who owns the Sweet and Saucy Shop - it's not EXACTLY the same but it definitely served as my inspiration. And as you can see, it worked with the theme perfectly!)

Fun cakes this week!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Are you having twins? Congratulations! I love melody's work (and yours!)

Melissa said...

Congrats on having twins! I am a twin and I know how much work it was for my mom growing up! Good luck! I love your work... how do you do the foam plaques?

Jessica said...

First- you're more than welcome! You know I loved doing it.

Second- That should say BEST friend. ;)

Jennifer said...

You're cakes are so Kool - wish you were here to make my son and daughter in laws wedding cake! Jennifer

jennsthreegraces@blogspot

My Sweet & Saucy said...

It turned out adorable!