Saturday, January 17, 2009

R2D2 cake

What a fun cake!

Fun because we lovelovelove making cakes for kids around here and fun because this cake was made for a very good friend of mine from highschool!

Facebook/Myspace and Blogger sure do have a way of reuniting friends. You never know who is out there reading your blog ;)

Brandon and Mindy's oldest son, Dylan, is turning 5 and wanted a Star Wars themed cake. It's half chocolate/half vanilla, iced in buttercream with fondant details/accents.

Rodney did a great job of carving this cake out and getting the right shape. I'm not going to lie though, it was incredibly difficult to ice. I don't know if I did the best job of getting it iced but I think it turned out okay in the end.

Fun cake! Thanks to The Kennedy Family for asking me to do this! I'm so glad I was able to see you guys!




Side:

5 comments:

L said...

Oh wow, You did an awesome job.

Amber said...

holy sugar bat man. you are making me hungry!

Mindy said...

Thank you again for the cake! Not only was it great to look at but it tasted fantastic too!

Travis Swann Taylor said...

Steph...on behalf of all sci-fi enthusiasts around the world...this cake is "out of this world"!!! As always, your work is flawless!

Travis Swann Taylor said...

Steph...on behalf of all sci-fi enthusiasts around the world...this cake is "out of this world"!!! As always, your work is flawless!