Sunday, February 17, 2008

Tory's cake

Cake 2 of 2.

This cake was made for a friend of ours, Tory, for her birthday. Tory was having an Alice In Wonderland themed birthday and wanted her cake to have a whimsical look as well. She gave me some direction but pretty much let me have creative control.

Rodney was the engineer of this cake. He got it carved out for me and also cut out the fondant pieces, which was very helpful considering the amount of cake we had this week.

It's an Italian Cream cake with cheese cheese icing, fondant accents, pearl and silver dragees. It was slightly challenging because the cake is covered in cream cheese buttercream and not fondant like most cakes of this style. So there were a few small nicks and bumps here and there.

Regardless, I'm really happy with the way this cake turned out. I love the way the colors compliment each other and it was a lot of fun to make. Definitely one of my most favorites thus far.

4 comments:

Mumsy said...

That is a masterpiece! I adore it!

Steph said...

Thanks! You are too sweet!

My Sweet & Saucy said...

Your cakes turned out great! Love the colors your picked!

Steph said...

Thanks! Your site is beautiful!