Thursday, December 20, 2007

Lola's Tree



This cake was made for Rodney's boss, Lola, for her annual holiday party.

Lola requested a "Whoville" type cake, or something nostalgic. After looking for different ideas on the cake boards I frequent and coming up with nothing, I finally "googled" "whoville" and came up with a picture of a tree that was at Disney Land recently that represented "Whoville." I sent the picture to Lola; she said she liked it and so that is what this cake is based off of.

The entire cake is made up of four different cakes. 2 red velvet and 2 lemon (all with cream cheese bc).

The colored ornaments were made from melted down jolly ranchers that I molded into round shapes, the rest are silver dragees and edible pearls. The top is comprised of wedding sprays.

I really hope Lola enjoys this cake, it was a lot of fun to make!

close up of the top:





Don't forget to scroll down for the rest of this week's stuff!

No comments: