Saturday, September 20, 2008

Week ending cakes!



This cake was made for a good friend of mine, Christy, for her 30th birthday!

It's all white cake (she would have it no other way!) with vanilla buttercream. The flowers are fondant, the topper is white chocolate with silver dragees.

I love how this cake turned out!

Bella/Caroline's cakes:

These cakes were made for a teacher's kids whose birthdays are on the same day (I think)! They were having a small family celebration and needed two smalller cakes.

Bella's cake is chocolate with chocolate mousse and chocolate buttercream. The topper is fondant, as is the polka dots!




Caroline's cake is vanilla with strawberry filling and vanilla buttercream. Again, the topper is fondant (as is the polka dots)



I love the colors on this cake! Side note: I am having major cracking issues with my cakes lately. I'm not sure if has something to do with the weather changing around here but it's been the source of much stress in these parts recently. I haven't changed anything in the process of making the buttercream or the cakes so I'm not sure what could be causing it. The only thing that I can think of is that decided to try stacking the cakes differently a few weeks ago. I guess we'll go back to our old way and see if that fixes the problem. Seriously though, I have never had cracks in my cakes!!!

Lola's cake:

This cake was for the second cutest baby in the world (Rylee has to be my #1), Lola. Lola was in my class at MDO last spring and in the summer and we bonded pretty quickly. Lola's mom is also pretty awesome and we soon discovered that we had a lot in common! She found the cake that I made for my SIL last year and decided that she wanted the same for Lola's second birthday celebration!




I'm pretty pleased with how the colors came out on this one! It's a strawberry cake with vanilla buttercream. The cherry blossoms were piped on with buttercream as well!

We sure do love cherry blossoms around here!

3 comments:

My Sweet & Saucy said...

I love the dot pattern on these cakes...too cute!

Travis Swann Taylor said...

Agreed...the discs and the color combinations are excellent! They're whimsical yet very professional.

Steph...you and your husband will have to watch for cake decorating contests in Washington, D.C. around April - you'd be a huge hit with all your cherry blossoms at the National Cherry Blossom Festival!

http://www.nationalcherryblossomfestival.org/cms/index.php?id=390

Amber said...

i love cherry blossoms!